-
April 3rd, 2000, 04:40 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I just purchased a Bolex H16 reflex (beautiful camera). What "shutter speed" number should I be using (on the handheld light meter) to get the best results? Thanks!
-
April 3rd, 2000, 10:53 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Reflex models have a behind the lens prism block which diverts 35% of the light to the viewfinder. Exposure must be increased to compensate. At 24 f.p.s. exposure on EBM and EL models is equivalent to 1/67 sec. On other models 1/80 sec.
Jon.
-
April 7th, 2000, 01:23 AM
#3
Inactive Member
THANKS! I new there was some weird prism thing going on there. What about 18fps?
-
April 7th, 2000, 02:13 AM
#4
Inactive Member
The difference between 18 f.p.s. and 24 f.p.s. is an increase in exposure of 1/3rd of a stop. The easiest way to make up for this compensation is to increase the rating on your film speed dial by 1/3rd stop, e.g. If your using 100 ASA then rate it 125 ASA, at 200 ASA then rate at 250 ASA, etc.
That way you can stick to the 1/67 sec for EL & EBM, and 1/80 sec for other models, formula.
Jon.
-
April 7th, 2000, 10:54 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Thanks Jon! That's exactly what I was looking for!
Peace,
Matt
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks